We are a community that loves one another, yet even in our love we do not find ourselves in full agreement regarding all matters of human sexuality. Even so, as Silverton Friends Church walks the path of Jesus together, the LGBTQ+ community will be welcome to fully participate in the life of the Meeting.
SFC Vision Commitments
We commit to:
- declaring the Gospel through our words and actions.
- becoming a faithful presence in our neighborhoods.
- incarnating the attributes and resurrected life of Christ.
- practicing hospitality.
- depending on prayer.
- discovering, developing, and utilizing our assets.
- embodying a non-violent, reconciling and supportive way of life together.
- embracing our Quaker (Friends) identity as a unique expression of the Christian faith.
Silverton Friends Church is an independent Friends church.