Statement of Welcome
Silverton Friends Church embraces the Quaker testimony of equality, including the concept of “that of God in everyone”. Each person has the potential to relate to God, and no person is greater or lesser in God’s eyes. SFC welcomes ALL people into full participation in the life of the Meeting regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, race, country of origin, documentation, economic status, age, mental or physical ability, relationship or marital status, or other differences. Make yourself at home. You are welcome here.
Please join us in celebrating Easter at Silverton Friends Church at 9:30 for an Easter Potluck Brunch in the Gym. At 10:45 we have special Easter Music and an Easter Sermon by Eric Muhr. Join us this Easter you will be glad you did and so will we. Silverton Friends where no one is a stranger because we are all Friends!
SFC Vision Commitments
We commit to:
- declaring the Gospel through our words and actions.
- becoming a faithful presence in our neighborhoods.
- incarnating the attributes and resurrected life of Christ.
- practicing hospitality.
- depending on prayer.
- discovering, developing, and utilizing our assets.
- embodying a non-violent, reconciling and supportive way of life together.
- embracing our Quaker (Friends) identity as a unique expression of the Christian faith.
Silverton Friends Church is an independent Friends church.